Monday, April 21, 2008

Lebron's League

A couple days ago, I wrote about Lebron James' individual destruction of the Washington Wizards. Game 2 is in the 3rd quarter right now and the Cavs are up by 24 points. But that's not the problem. I am rooting for the Wizards but I can care less if they win now because I see what a joke the NBA is.

I have no respect at all for Lebron James. I don't know the exact amount, but Lebron is getting paid millions and millions of dollars to play basketball. If he barely gets hit, he will play the part just like every other player and pretend he got fouled. In tonight's game, it was just taken way too far. Lebron has been getting fouled all game because when he drives to the basket (and should be called for a charging foul 50% of the time) there is no way of stopping him. There were a few hard fouls in the game, but everyone kept on playing. The minute Lebron got hit hard, he went down to the floor and then got up and wanted to fight. But, because Brendan Haywood fouled Lebron, Haywood got ejected from the game.

Lebron then preceeded to keep grimacing and touching his elbow, where you could see a little cut. OH NO!!!!!! Lebron got a little bruise on his elbow, just keep crying about it you baby. The referees have no control in basketball anymore. They call random fouls and there is no justification to any fouls that are called. The NBA is currently at an all-time low in their ratings, and I can see why. The NBA lost Michael Jordan, so how else could they gain fans back? By getting another Michael Jordan...how do we do this? Let's draft an excellent player from high school and make him into the best player ever! He hasn't played a game in the NBA yet, but let's call him King James.


Five years later, NBA people are calling Lebron one of the best players ever. Why is it that someone can be a best player 5 years into a career? Only in the NBA because the NBA is an absolute JOKE. This year was my last year watching the nonsense that we call basketball and I won't give another penny to this farce. I love basketball, so college basketball will have to do it for me.

There's an interesting promo they have been using for Lebron for years. The slogan is "We Are All Witnessess." This is supposed to mean that we are witnesses of the greatest of King James. The only thing I'm a witness of is a player who was chosen to be the next Jordan. No one will ever be Michael Jordan. I think you can take any talented ball player and make them into Lebron James, just by handing him everything the way they did for Lebron. We are all witnesses alright. We are all witnesses of the end of the NBA, because anyone who knows the game can see that it isn't a game anymore. It shouldn't even be called the NBA anymore. It should be called the LBA. Lebron's Basketball Association.

I sound harsh on Lebron, but the truth is Lebron James is an amazing player. Other than Kobe Bryant, I think Lebron is the best player in the league. But, that doesn't justify catering to this guy like he is God. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe Lebron is the second coming of Christ and my last 5 ranting paragraphs are absolutely pointless.

No comments: